Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rebecca Chernay

Ali was one of my all time favorite teachers. I had her in advanced freshman English and advanced American Lit junior year. She was such a dynamic presence and really helped me come into my own. One of my favorite moments from freshman year was watching the 1960s film version of Romeo & Juliet. During the balcony scene Ali yelled out "Just kiss her on the mouth already so she'll shut up!" She was ...hilarious and sarcastic and let us be ourselves. I have no doubt in my mind that her classes and my relationship with her as a student and an alumna are fundamental in my ability to finish college and grad school and become a librarian. I wish she knew what I was able to accomplish because of the skills she gave me. She will be sorely missed by all who knew her. I feel for the students who will never have her or be able to learn from her and for her children and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment