Monday, October 24, 2011

Steven LeClercq

Mrs. Mckenna, better known to me as Ms. Gray was my 8th grade and 11th grade english teacher in Conyers, GA where I attended Salem High School. She was a true inspiration. She ignited a fire in me for literature that still burns true to this day. Even more special to me was the friendship I had with Ms. Gray. She gave me the strength to perserve through tough times in high school. She always pushed me to do my best. 

I am happy to see she has touched so many lives. She is one of the most giving people I have ever met. I would not be the person I am today without knowing her. 

One of my favorite memories is a class project we had to do for Romeo and Juilet. Each group had to record their interpretation of the story. We thought it was pretty cool. Ms. Gray also lead the initiative for a school paper in 1994 that talked openly about sex, politics, and freedom of speech. It ultimately got shut down, but she always encouraged everyone to find their own voice. 

Remember everyone A lot is two words!

No comments:

Post a Comment